Shape Therapy Reflective Practitioners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://shape-therapy.forumotion.com

Compassion - Is there enough to go round Empty Compassion - Is there enough to go round

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:39 pm
I think I'm compassionate. But only if I feel good about myself. If I give it to others, I feel I have not left for myself

Compassion - Is there enough to go round Empty Re: Compassion - Is there enough to go round

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:52 pm
You should really focus on yourself first

Compassion - Is there enough to go round Empty Re: Compassion - Is there enough to go round

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:33 pm
I'd love to focus on everyone else but I never have the time

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:39 pm
Guest wrote:You should really focus on yourself first
That's a good idea

Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:00 pm
Student tester wrote:
Guest wrote:You should really focus on yourself first
That's a good idea
Doonad

Compassion - Is there enough to go round Empty Compassion

Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 pm
I agree self compassion is important in order for you to be compassionate towards others. If you are not compassionate towards yourself you may look to others to make you feel valuable or worthy, and in a counselling setting this can be risky as you are working with vulnerable people and you may inadvertently use the client for your own needs.Self compassion differs from self esteem in that you do not always have to be top of your game to feel good about your self but you can recognise that everyone has strengths and weaknesses, successes and failures come and go, but they do not determine how worthy we are.

Admin likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum